This is what this site is all about: Writing.
In his quest to win an indictment for crimes against the English language, Troim is writing fiction.
As his output needs to go someplace, the admin created this site back in 2014. Currently it serves as publishing platform for short stories and back-up location for WIP.
This is also the repository for the free 1kYears series.
Work in Progress
Access to the WIP page is restricted. As of Dezember 2019, it features:
- “Felinity Rules”: This cute little feel good novel started as Troim’s 2018 NaNoWriMo project to hit the beta trail this summer. The final round of rewriting should be completed for copyright registration and publishing in early 2020.
- “Beautiful Potholes”: Troim’s 2019 NaNoWriMo project barely counts as fiction, there’s a lot of infotainment involved. But it’s aliens discovering Lagos by means of Google StreetView, Wikipedia and YouTube, which qualifies the plot as SciFi.
Fully plotted, partly casted and awaiting their slot:
- Capacity Constraints At some stage, Troim will have recovered from the dark matter stress of the Plugger Stuff. Meaning he’ll be ready for the research required to write at one more frontier of textbook physics. About time…
- Toe Factor Positive Less imminent future than Think-o-mat, more genetics than neurology, lots of (hopefully well hidden) sociology. With neighbours like these, who needs aliens? On second thoughts: Being aliens, that sounds very much like something Toe Factor Positives would do.
- Jumpers Intra- and intergalactic traveling, one more innovation. If a cat in a box can be both… Troim has yet to come up with a plausible way for humanity to survive this encounter, but the mode of transport is flashy. Very flashy. Too flashy to let the idea go to waste. Flashy and fast. Mostly fast, actually. Faster than the mode of traveling in Plugger Stuff. Very, very, very fast. Which is a must, considering the distances involved.
- Blissful Mediocrity No time travel with Troim, plain old archeology will have to do. Three scientists from the Medioud era get punished for their lack of diligence. Instead of pursuing their cutting edge neuroendocrine research, they have to contribute to the Historical Failures Awareness project. Yuck.
Yes, we know, it’s a no-no. Both Troim and the admin are familiar with the “copy right, left or wrong” controversy.
Public licenses are fantastic. But all this writing and making available online would proceed faster without wasting so much time on even the most fascinating of day jobs.
We of course considered going patronage platform. At our level of day job income, this feels even more wrong than conventional.
All rights are reserved.
The dime novels have even been registered as IP.
Scientifically minded readers who won’t believe you can officialize a pile of amateurishly written rubbish may request an account providing access to the restricted Copyrights Certificates section.